Saturday, August 15, 2009

The last couple of weeks

Taylor gives kisses now and it is so cute. You can see they are some pretty juicy ones too. It is very cute. She also blows kisses too. She sure seems to be growing up so much the last couple of weeks. She is now standing up on her own from crawling or sitting which she thinks is pretty cool. She took two little steps the other day but hasn't done any since. She doesn't stand for too long either; she usually goes up and down a lot. It is fun going through all the fun stages again. It will probably still be awhile before she starts walking.


Today we went to a parade in Maumee which was Matthew's first. It was fun and Matthew thought the candy was great of course.



On Wednesday we went to Maumee Bay for playgroup. The sand is great there and it is right by Lake Erie. The part we played at is actually man made making it cleaner and a nicer beach. I am dying because we can't go swimming for two weeks (well Matthew can't which means Taylor and I can't either). Matthew actually had to be recircumcised on Thursday. Glen was working so I had to go with him to the hospital. Being the worry wart that I am I kind of was freaking out but everything went well. It was a little hard seeing him wake up from the anesthesia but he is doing great. He was running around and talking our ears off like usual as soon as we got home. He is such a sweet boy and he did great.
The other day I had a bloody nose and it wouldn't stop so I stuck toilet paper up my nose. Matthew said that he had a bloody nose too and went into the bathroom and came out like this. Taylor had diarrhea yesterday and was crying so much because her bum was so sore. Matthew started FAKE crying and saying that his bum hurt too. Funny kid

I have been giving Taylor a bottle once a day and every time I do Matthew insists on having a sippy cup of milk and lays on the floor with her. These too are so funny!

I came into the kitchen and saw these two in the laundry basket. Life is full of surprises with two young kids.

The Zoo had a night where zoo members could go and ride the merry-go-round and train for free. The line was way too long for the train so we just went on the merry-go-round.
We went to a birthday party for a boy Matthew's age at our friends families cottage on Lake Erie in July. It was a Christmas party and they let all the kids open some presents that were under a Christmas tree. It was a lot of fun!



7 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh all of the pictures are so fun! I love how much Taylor and Matthew play together. She is going to seem so grown up when we see her in December! Matthew looks like he liked the cake at the party:-) You guys seem to be staying pretty busy and active. Hope Matthew keeps feeling well.

Tayna said...

Monkey see, Monkey do! I love it. It seems like they are just growing like weeds. I love that they are playing more and more together. So fun!

Kent and Leisy said...

poor little matthew! and what a terrible time to NOT be able to swim!!
your two play so well together! I can't wait for mine to do that!

dockters said...

Jill, you guys have been busy! Sorry about Matthew, I'm glad that he's feeling so great though ...will he be able to swim again by the time we get back? Hopefully there will still be plenty of days to hit up the kiddie pool together! And I can't believe all that Taylor is doing...she is so grown up! Cute girl!

Durrant said...

Way cute post Jill! Your kids are so cute! I love how well they play together! Sounds like you guys have been having an exciting summer!

natalie said...

I can't get over how cute your babies are! And so BIG! Sorry we did not connect this summer. The drive did not go through Toledo, but we should be moving back in Jan. and would love to get together somehow! love and miss you all!

Susy Harper said...

Hi JIll, our computer really stinks lately and is so slow when it works at all, but tonight while dad is still doing harvest, I saw your darling pictures! those kids do the cutest things! I love them.