Tuesday, February 10, 2009
We Love Matthew!!
I made this awhile ago and just haven't posted it yet. I thought this would be a good time since Matthew has been driving me a little crazy lately. I have been wanting to do a little slide show of Matthew and tell everyone a little more about him since his birthday. Matthew is my little buddy. I feel like we are so close and I love him so much. He is such a fun boy and has such a neat personality. He loves one on one attention and loves to play with Glen and I. He loves playing tag and throwing our beach ball around the house. He is so cute sometimes with his toy animals; he will put them to bed which he also tried to do with me today. I was in his room and he said "mommy, wanna take a nap? I said sure. He sings me a song and walks out of the room saying blow me a kiss and I'm going to leave now, love you. It is so cute! He is very good at pretending and would do it all day with me if I had time to do that. Here are some of the things he does to pretend:
-We sit on the end of the couch and pretend it is our car. We drive to California to visit aunt Holly a lot and get off and take a nap on the beach. We stop at red lights and go on green. Other hot spots that we visit are the toy store and best buy???
-We fix things a lot. We get wood upstairs and build his bed and we fix the tires on our car and fill them up with air. Lately we don't get very far when driving because we have to stop for gas every 2 seconds. Glen gives him money to buy Glen treats in the gas station.
-He goes grocery shopping and cooks us breakfast with his kitchen stuff.
A lot of his toys don't get that much attention sometimes because he just wants to pretend. It makes it a little hard for me sometimes but is so cute. I am always amazed by his imagination.
Matthew is very strong willed and determined. He knows exactly what he wants and works very hard to get it. He hates long sleeved shirts and it is a battle to ever get one on him. He wants to wear his summer-time shirts as he calls them and would wear shorts too if I would let him
Matthew is a very sweet boy and loves his family. He is always concerned with how we are doing and usually says please and thank you. He gives us kisses at night and tells us he loves us. Sometimes I will come downstairs and he will say, cool shoes mommy, or you look pretty mommy, or nice shirt mommy. Matthew can be very quiet and shy at times but at home he goes non stop and is always talking. He can say long sentences and we can hold conversations for a long time. He says funny things everyday. He has never really been obsessed with any toy but has to sleep with his dinosaur or teddy bear. He is a pretty good eater and will try most things. He loves yogurt, cheese, any fruit, and most vegetables. We struggle to get him to eat meat sometimes. Silly kid I know!! His favorite movies are Finding Nemo and Ratatiouille. Matthew is an early riser, around 6:00. He is very interested in knowing what everything is around him and also wants to know peoples names. He is a very happy boy and we are so thankful for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
How can you not love that cute little guy! It was fun to look back and see him grow and change. He's hillarious with all his pretend play. I love it. Is it true we'll be seeing you in a month? I can't wait, that's even better than I imagined!
Jill, I believe Matthew is an amazing kid because you are an amazing mom. You are so cute with him. I love all your pretend play ideas. I love how you talk about him. I know you love him. He's sure a cute kid. I'm so excited to get to finally see you and little Taylor soon. It will be great!
What a neat tribute to Matthew. He is such a great kid. It's so fun to see how much he has changed and grown. I can't wait to see you and Taylor soon!!
That is so sweet, I love to see what kids imagine and it sounds like he has a great imagination!
Matthew is a sweetheart! I have never seen or heard him do anything mean.
What a sweet boy Matthew is! He was such a cute baby! This was fun to read. It sounds like the two of have so much fun together! You are such a great mom, Jill!
It was good to see you guys today!
Such a cute post! I wish that we lived closer and could let our boys play! They would have so much fun together! They grow up way too fast! I looked at those pics of when he was a baby and that is how I remember him! He is such a cute little guy!
What a nice tribute to Mathew and it was fun to watch him growing up on the slide show. Good job! We miss you all and love you very much,
Love Dad & Mom
he's getting so big!
Post a Comment