Tuesday, January 13, 2009

South Carolina

We had a great week in Hilton Head, South Carolina with all of Glen's family. It was so nice to be able to go outside with the kids and not worry about it being too cold. I love the ocean and the beach and it was fun to see how much Matthew liked it. He ran around jumping and landing in the sand. We went out to eat a lot which was fun but also a little crazy with two kids. Matthew did quite well but Taylor only slept through one resturaunt. We had some good southern food and seafood. YUMMY! We went to Savannah Georgia one day where Glen used to live. It was such a beautiful city and if I had tons of money I would buy one of the houses downtown. Sadly I did not take any pictures. We went to Uncle Bubba's resturaunt in Savannah (Paula Dean's brother) and it was very good.....shrimp and the most amazing key lime pie!!
Our flight to North Carolina was great as you can see. It wasn't that long of a flight but we wish the flight back to Detroit was this good. Matthew was very hyper/sleep deprived and kicked the seat in front of him (poor lady and poor Glen) He was sitting by Matthew and I had Taylor duty.


The only picture I took in Savannah (just to see the spanish moss on the trees..very pretty)

Uncle Bubba's

We had a few really warmer days but by the end of the trip it was getting a little colder. I was actually freezing in this picture. I know I should have had some pants on.



A beautiful light house on Hilton Head Island. We climbed up to the top and Matthew still talks about it and wants us to go back



So pretty!

Matthew taking his twice daily asthma medicine. He really liked the head phones although they weren't even plugged in. This medicine has been such a blessing. He handles colds much better now and we have had our longest stretch yet of him not having a cough. YEAH!!






















10 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh it looks like a fun trip, I love the beach pictures, that is the way to spend Christmas for sure:-) I'm so glad Matthews treatments are helping him so much. He's such a cute boy. Taylors hat is so cute too. I hope you are doing well being back home.

Kent and Leisy said...

matthew looks like a little pilot in the last picture! I'm so glad that the pulmicort is working so well. we cut back to one treatment a day after a month and now only do two if zeb starts getting a cough or seems wheezy. It's been GREAT!

dockters said...

What a fun vacation! I'll take the beach anyday...even if it's a little chilly! Looks like a blast!

Tayna said...

South Carolina looked like lots of fun. The beach is such a fun place. Matthew looks so cute with his treatment, what a good boy! The new yellow on your blog is so cute, it is just like you!

The Ziemers said...

I would love to go on a vacation like that. You look really great, Jill. I can't even tell that you recently had a baby. Too bad it wasn't warm enough to play in the water!

Jenny Lee said...

Great pictures Jill. Your trip sure sounded fun. I'd love to go there, especially Savannah! I wish you could have got more pictures of it. You'll have to tell me about it sometime. I'm glad Matthew is doing well with his treatment. Taylor looks so cute and so do you!

Frances said...

Great pictures! I love the sepia one of Matthew! What a stud!

Julie Sacks said...

I feel the same way, it has been for ever since I have talked to you! I felt like total crap Sunday, but I think after a Vitamin C over load and drowning my self with water this week, I think my 3 month long cold is finally on the mend. I love the pics of your trip, it looks like you had a blast. I'm excited to go out with yall tonight, lets all hope we don't freeze to death!

Julie Sacks said...

I really might take you up on that! I need to go nursing bra shopping and Cohen has been a pill to take to the store lately so it would be great to drop him off to go by my self for a min. We can talk more tonight though about it, also, have you seen twilight yet? We totally need to go...I am really serious about this!

Susy Harper said...

I loved the pictures. I esp. love the one of you and Taylor on the beach. She looks like a little bundle of joy and you're so cute! Her hat is so darling. The sunset on the harbor is beautiful too. I like Matthew standing in the sand!