Monday, January 26, 2009

4 months old!!



Time has flown by so fast. I can't believe Taylor is already 4 months old. She turned 4 months on the 26th and we had her doctor appointment yesterday. She weighs 15 pounds, 9 ounces (90th percentile). She was 25 1/2 inches long (90th percentile) and her head was just above the 50th percentile. She has gotten chubby the last couple of weeks. She is the cutest little girl and we can't imagine life without her. She is such a happy baby and is getting so big. The other day we got her to laugh so much and it was so fun. Matthew is doing so much better with her and I can tell he really loves her and enjoys having her around. When he hears her cry upstairs after she wakes up from a nap he looks at me with his wide open eyes and says "Taylor buggy." He then runs upstairs with me to go get her. Taylor bug or Taylor buggy is her most common nickname. Sometimes I call her little dolly. She is like Matthew in a lot of ways. She really loves our attention and will calm down if you start to talk to her. Now that Matthew is being a little nicer to her she smiles at him a lot when he is around or if she can hear him. She really likes us to help her sit up and to stand. If she doesn't have a toy or someone talking to her while she is lying on her back she will lift up her head like she's doing sit ups. She just wants to see everything I guess. She is not doing so well at night though which we'll just save that for another day.

3 comments:

dockters said...

She is such a cute girl, Jill! I love that you call her little dolly. She definitely is a doll! I can't believe she's already 4 months old. Matthew sounds like such a good big brother. We need to get together with you guys and play...I think it would help these long winter days pass a little more quickly!! :)

Frauke said...

She is just gonna be great. Its nice to hear, that Matthew is loving her - a good big brother! I cannot belive its already 4 month ago, that you had her. CUTE TAYLOR!!!

Ashley said...

Well I tried commenting like 3 times last night, but here I will try again! Anyways, I think Taylor looks so much like Matthew did in that second picture! It's so crazy. Sounds like you and Glen were pretty close on the weight prediction. She sounds a lot like Grace how she will do sit ups and wants to stand and sit all the time with help. I hope she handles the shots okay. Anyways, I did the sleep training with Grace here in Boise, it has really helped. But of course right after I talk to you the next day Thomas starts fighting his naps and climbs out of his pack n' play. Time for a big boy bed I guess!! I'll call you later.