Friday, September 26, 2008

She has Arrived!!



Yay for Taylor Jill Lau!!!

The stats:

-born 8:45 AM ET
-8 lbs. 12 oz.
-20 inches long
-lots of brown hair
-(and pretty darn cute if I do say so myself)

other details:
We got to the hospital at 6:00 AM (very early) and were ready to go by 8:00. The C-section went smoothly aside from some nausea, vomiting, intense pain, etc. Jill actually got to see the baby come out this time (Utah Valley needs to invest in a cool mirror like they have in Toledo!) We heard comments like, "Wow, she's big!" and "That's a big head!" which are the same things we heard when Matthew was born, so we were very pleased that she looked a little more lady-like, even if she still has quite the set of lungs.

more to come later...(she still has to get cleaned up)





10 comments:

Ashley said...

Wahoo! Way to get pictures up so soon, I love them, she seems so long. I can't wait to see more. Congratulations guys! I love Taylor Jill already, it's killing me not being able to see her for awhile. Jill, that picture with her is so sweet. We love you guys!

Durrant said...

Yay! She is beautiful! What a big girl, maybe it's a better thing you had her c-section! We can't wait to see more pics! Hope you are feeling good and have a fast recovery! We are so glad she is here healthy! Love ya!

Beth said...

Congrats Lau family. Chubby babies are the best - what a doll!

Jessica said...

Congrats, she is adorable. Glad everything went well, sorry for the pain.

dockters said...

What a beautiful baby girl!! Congratulations! I'm so glad that everything went well! She looks just darling! Can't wait to meet her!

brittani c. said...

What an exciting day for you guys. I hope everything continues to go well!

Unknown said...

What a cute and wonderful little lady! She is the cutest. Thats great of you to put pictures online so fast - Thanks Glen.
I hope both are doing great! Have fun in a family of 4! Lots of hugs and kisses to Ohio!

Jenny Lee said...

Yeah! I'm so glad that she is here and healthy and that you're O.K. too Jill. She is beautiful! I love all her dark hair. She has a lot! I can't wait to hear more and see more pictures. I wish so bad that I would have turned on the computer before mom and dad left. We went for a drive to Fish Lake this morning, had lunch and they left around 2:30. Mom's been anxious to see her and get out there. She's not sure if she can wait until November. It was so good to see mom and dad. Mom looks great and it's so good to see her walking and feeling pretty good. We sure love you guys and have thought about you and prayed for you a lot today. I hope your recovery will be fast. Has Matthew come to the hospital yet? I can't wait to hear what his reaction to Taylor will be. We love you so much! Congratulations!!!!!!

Julie Sacks said...

Look at that chubby, cute, little girl! I love it! It makes me want to have mine right now. I want all the details of how every thing went. I hope you get some sleep tonight, congrats, we are SO very happy for yall!

Kenna said...

Congratulations to you all. When I delivered Sarah at Toledo they suggested the mirror and at first I was pretty grossed out at the thought. Then they explained that you can't actually see your own insides, only the baby coming out. I was so glad that I agreed to it, it was neat to see.