Sunday, September 28, 2008

Good and Bad


Why now?? That is something I have been asking myself today. Glen's mom called this morning saying that Matthew was coughing a lot and not breathing very good. Glen hurried home and took him to the hospital. They did some breathing treatments that seemed to help but he was still having some problems so they want him to stay the night. They think he probably has asthma but they won't diagnose it yet. We are supposed to go the pediatrician who I guess can make that assessment. I have been such a baby about being away from Matthew anyway and worrying about him being so confused. I am here alone right now wishing I could go visit Matthew since he is not that far away but I doubt they would let me. So I am just being an emotional mess. Taylor is doing good for the most part. She has been kind of gagging and sucking air in and spitting up yucky stuff that didn't get cleared out since I had a C-section. She was such an on angel night number one, but last night she cried a lot and Glen and I started thinking we might have another colicky baby like Matthew was. She is sleeping a lot more today so we hope that will be more the norm. Nursing is also killing me but Taylor seems to do it right and has a great suck. Too great! I guess you just stick through the pain a few weeks and then it will be better I hope. But enough complaining; we will get through all of it and I am just so thankful to have two beautiful children that I love so much. Taylor is so beautiful and I just love to stare at her. Having a baby is such a neat experience. Glen is such a cute dad and is so sweet and helpful. I am also feeling really good for the most part so I am very grateful for that. I love being a mom and am very excited to be at home with Taylor, Matthew, and Glen.

11 comments:

Durrant said...

Oh Jill I wish I was closer and could give you a hug right now! I am so sorry that Matthew is sick and you can't be with him. I hope that he gets feeling better soon! I also hope that nursing gets easier. They are sure worth all of those hards times, huh!

Tayna said...

Jill, Taylor is just beautiful!!! I can't believe all that hair. SO FUN! She is so big looking too. A nice healthy little girl, so great! I feel so bad about Matthew, I wish I could be there to help you. Poor Matthew, Poor Glen and you. Not ideal for any of you. Are you in the same hospital? Maybe they would let you go see him. I'm so glad Glen's Mom is there for you. Nursing- so they say she is sucking right, just really hard? I hope that gets better. I know nursing is SOO hard right at first, (especially with some kids) but it is so worth it and it's only hard for a little while. Just keep telling yourself you can do it. I wish it were all easy. We need true tests in life I guess, I think nursing is one of them :). We will continue to pray for you all and especially for Matthew so he can get better and get home. You must be getting released tomorrow? WE LOVE YOU ALL! BIG HUGS FROM IDAHO!

Kirsten.Kyle said...

Congratulations; Taylor is cute. We're sorry to hear about Matthew, though, and are sending you our best wishes.

The Jessups said...

Taylor is beautiful!! CONGRATS!! I'm so sorry to hear about Matthew. I'm sure everything will be okay. Keep your head up. Again, congrats!

dockters said...

Jill, I can't believe all that you have going on right now! I am so sorry that Matthew is sick. I hope he gets better quick, and that you all can be home together soon!! Please let me know if you guys need anything at all.

That is a cute picture of Taylor...she's a pretty baby!

Kent and Leisy said...

Jill- I am SO sorry. Let me know what I can do to help! did they send matthew home with a nebulizer? you can borrow ours if you nned to! or our pulsoximeter! really- let me know when you need something.
-leisy
oh, and I can't believe you had an almost nine pound baby! way to go- you guys look great.

Jenny Lee said...

Jilly,
Man I wish I could be there! I'm so sorry about Matthew. He has sure had his share of sicknesses. It's a good thing his daddy is going to be a doctor. I know it's killing you not to be with him. That's so hard. He's in good hands though with Glen and his mom. And if he does have asthma maybe that's why he's been getting sick so much and now you can treat him for it and he won't get sick as much.? Everything will work out and soon you'll be home. I'm glad that you're feeling good. Hopefully your recovery will be quick. Little Taylor is such a doll! I love her p.j.'s and blanket. I always loved to dress up my babies and take pictures of them in the hospital. Well, hang in there. We love you.

Ashley said...

Phew! I am so sorry that all that went down with Matthew. I hope his stay in the hospital was okay. They sure have a way with timing huh? I hope that you are home now and things can start feeling less crazy. Taylor looks really cute. Good luck with things in the next few weeks! WE love you.

natalie said...

Jill! I just got back from vacation and I jumped on your blog as soon as I could! I love little Taylor! She is beautiful! I am sorry taht things are not going well with Matthew being sick and nursing pains. I hope you are getting in a few naps here and there. You looked beautiful the day you gave birth. Seriously you need to frame that picture. Love you and wish I could be there to help!

Kimberly said...

Congrats Jill! Your baby girl is beautiful!!

Kimberly said...

p.s. I hope your son feels better soon!